Fed up? The climate is too!
Every day we decide what to eat and everyday what we eat impacts the climate and planet. Often, we don’t even think about it. We just do what’s easy – convenient! But if we really want to stop the climate crisis, than we have to not only open our eyes, but also those of people around us! Together with inspirational people, experts and activists, this year we’re going to take a look at the effects of how food impacts our climate, what needs to change, which interrelations exist and much more. Like always, in the Action Leader Training, we not only talk about those issues and problems, but we also go one step further and develop solutions and projects that get people to change their behavior and make the world a better place.
Our ten-month training is aimed at young people between the ages of 15 and 25 who want to become active for the environment. We follow a “bottom-up” approach. This means, the program is developed together with you! And the other participants and tailored specifically to your interests and needs.
Set your idea in motion!
During the training, you’ll not only gather knowledge, skills and motivation, but also be asked to turn your dream into a reality (regardless, of how big or small it might be). Generation Earth offers you a place, and supportive people, where you will not only gather needed experience, but also make a difference, now and in the future!
What can I expect from the training?
- To gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experience as well as develop as an individual: In five multi-day training weekends, you’ll experience inspiring discussions, presentations, workshops, excursions, activities and more.
- To get active! During and between the trainings, you and a team of friends and participants will have the chance to plan and implement an action project of your choosing that fits to the theme of the year.
- To get outside: We don’t just talk about the environment and nature, we get out into it! It’s important that if we want to protect something that we have a connection to it. Therefore, we try to spend as much time outdoors as possible!
- To connect with youth from Austria and the world: For many members, Generation Earth is like a second family. Countless, deep friendships have formed and continue long after the “training is over”. Plus, WWF is a global network and has connections to youth groups around the world.
The kick-off meeting will take place on the following dates:
Option 1: 18. – 22. September 2019
Option 2: 25. – 29. September 2019
The dates and location for the four following trainings will be decided at the kick-off meeting by the group.
The location for the kick-off weekend will be announced soon!
Each training takes place at a unique location in Austria that connects to the topic(s) of the weekend. The important criteria for the locations is that it is accessible with public transportation and has access to the outdoors.
50 Euro per training (250 Euro in total*)
This fee covers a portion of the accommodation, board and activities of the training program. WWF covers the remaining amount of the costs. The participant fee can be paid in full or in 2 payments (at the beginning and middle).
(*We want to be sure that money does not stand in your way of participating in the training. If for any reason, the fee is a problem for you, we ask that you please contact Nathan Spees. We’ll do our best to find a solution that works for you.)
Some of the training dates also fall on school days. However, as this is a further education event, you can apply for school exemption. We will gladly provide you with the necessary letter.
Goal of the program
Our aim is to support, train and develop an international network of motivated and engaged youth who are capable of taking action in their own hands and develop and implement projects on their own – in their backyards, regions, and beyond!
Our long-term vision is a society of active citizens, where young people who have participated in our training are playing an important and influential role in politics, education, business, etc. and are carrying the motivation and positive experiences of their time with Generation Earth with them throughout their lifetime.
- How food affects our climate
- Solution approaches and strategies to behavior change
- Leadership and skills for green jobs
- Project planning and management
- Personal development and life skills
The application ended already. But you can still apply for the waiting list!