BE THE CHANGE!
… and be part of the Action Leader Training 2020!
This year is a special year! Why? Because we’re partnering up with a large number of different (youth) organisations and initiatives all over the world within the framework of an EU project.
Together with inspirational people, experts and activists, this year we’re going to take a look at the effects of how food impacts our climate, what needs to change, which interrelations exist and much more.
GOAL OF THE PROGRAM
Our aim is to support, train and develop an international network of motivated and engaged youth who are capable of taking action in their own hands and develop and implement projects on their own – in their backyards, regions, and beyond!
Our long-term vision is a society of active citizens, where young people who have participated in our training are playing an important and influential role in politics, education, business, etc. and are carrying the motivation and positive experiences of their time with Generation Earth with them throughout their lifetime.
- Food & Climate
- Leadership & Skills = leadership qualities, methods and other skills for the job market
- Climate change solutions
- Strategies to behavior change
- Exchange with global youth initiatives
- 10-month training program
- 5 weekends
- September 2020 – Juli 2021
- EARLY BIRD PRICE: 250€ until June 30; after 300€
- Unique locations in Austria (accessible with public transportation)
- Theoretical knowledge put into practice
WHAT AWAITS YOU
Our ten-month training is aimed at young people between the ages of 15 and 25 who want to become active for the environment. We follow a “bottom-up” approach. This means, the program is developed together with you! And the other participants and tailored specifically to your interests and needs.
During the training, you’ll not only gather knowledge, skills and motivation, but also be asked to turn your dream into a reality (regardless, of how big or small it might be). Generation Earth offers you a place, and supportive people, where you will not only gather needed experience, but also make a difference, now and in the future!
In times like these it’s very likely to feel hopeless and ask yourself “Does it really matter? Can we really change things?”. We at Generation Earth know: This crisis is urgent, but it’s never too late. Everyone can make a difference. No matter what background, experience, gender or age.
In the Action Leader Training, we not only talk about issues and problems, but we also go one step further and develop solutions and projects that get people to change their behavior and make the world a better place. This is your chance to bring your idea to life and start your own project.
You would like to find like-minded people and talk with them about your ideas, problems, challenges and all that life brings with you? Generation Earth is a community of open and good-hearted people who pursue a common goal: The protection of our planet.
READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD?
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:
- You are not 100% sure if the Action Leader Training is something for you? Come to our non-binding get-to-know-you evening! We will answer all your questions and you will have the opportunity to meet other Generation Earth members. All details see below.
- Are you ready to apply? Great! Please use the form down below. We are looking forward to your application. Please make sure that you also choose which Kick-Off meeting you would like to attend. Since this is mandatory, it is important for us in order to plan and organise everything beforehand.
- As a participant you will have to plan and organise your own project as well as one training weekend.
- Some of the training dates also fall on school days. However, as this is a further education event, you can apply for school exemption. We will gladly provide you with the necessary letter.
- The participant fee of €250 total is valid by application until 15.6.2020 (EARLY BIRD PRICE). After 15.6.2020 the participant fee will be €300. The fee helps us to cover accommodation, board and activities of the training program and can be paid in full or in 2 payments (at the beginning and middle). We want to be sure that money does not stand in your way of participating in the training. If for any reason, the fee is a problem for you, we ask that you please contact Nathan Spees. We’ll do our best to find a solution that works for you. If the training cannot take place for certain reasons (COVID-19 etc.), the full participation fee will be refunded.
COVID-19 & Action Leader Training?
How will Covid-19 affect the planned Action Leader Training? Of course we can’t give exact forecasts, but you can be sure that the Action Leader Training will take place. Maybe not in the same way as before, but as usual great, life-changing and enriching.
Specifically, we have formulated the following possible scenarios, for which we will be well prepared:
- Scenario A: No restrictions – the training can take place as usual!
- Scenario B: The group size must be reduced (e.g. to a maximum of 10 people), no overnight stays are possible, hygiene measures exist and must be adhered to
- Scenario C: No face-to-face meetings are possible and the training must be held virtually. If this is the case, the participation fee will be reduced accordingly.
We assume that scenario A can still be used. A mixed form of the above scenarios would also be possible. Of course we will adhere to the guidelines of the Austrian Federal Government. If you register, you will be informed in time and in detail about the next steps.
I would like to apply for the Action Leader Training: Apply by using the form down below.
Apply until 15.6.2020 for the Early Bird Price! Once we reviewed the application, we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.