READY FOR A CONNECTION?
We got you! Generation Earth’s Action Leader Training is all about community! Not even a global pandemic can keep us from creating an intense group experience where you will connect with other motivated young people, make deep connections, and learn skills for a lifetime.
The time is now! Together, in a close group of your peers, and with the involvement of inspirational people, experts and activists, we’re going to dive deeper into the topic of how food impacts our climate, and how each and every one of us can “be the change” we want to see in the world.
GOAL OF THE PROGRAM
The Action Leader Training is all about supporting, training and developing an international network of motivated and engaged youth who are capable of driving change by developing and implementing projects in teams or on their own – in their backyards, regions, and beyond! Our long-term vision is a society of active citizens, where people who have participated in our training are making a difference in politics, education, business, and beyond and are carrying the motivation and positive experiences from Generation Earth with them.
- Food & Climate
- Corporate Social Responsibility (NEW!)
- Leadership & Political Engagement (NEW!)
- Climate change solutions
- Strategies to behavior change
- Exchange with global youth initiatives
- 10-month training program
- 5 weekends
- September 2021 – July 2022
- EARLY BIRD PRICE: 250€ until July 31; after 300€
- Unique locations in Austria (accessible with public transportation)
- Theoretical knowledge put into practice
- Become part of a community
WHAT AWAITS YOU
Our ten-month training is for young people between the ages of 15 and 25 who want to become active for the environment. We follow a “bottom-up” approach. This means, the training program is developed together with you and the other participants and is tailored specifically to the groups’ interests and needs.
During the training, you’ll not only gather knowledge, skills and motivation, but also be asked to turn your dream into a reality (regardless, of how big or small it might be). Generation Earth offers you a “safe space,” and supportive people, where you will not only gather needed experience, but also make a difference, now and in the future!
Especially now, it’s very easy to feel hopeless. You may ask yourself “Does it really matter?” At Generation Earth, we know: This crisis is urgent, but it’s never too late. Everyone can make a difference. No matter your background, experience, gender or age.
In the Action Leader Training, we not only talk about issues and problems, but we also go one step further and develop solutions and projects that get people to change their behavior and make the world a better place. This is your chance to bring your idea to life and start your own project.
You would like to find a diverse and active group with whom you can exchange ideas, problems, challenges and all that life brings with you? Generation Earth is a community of open and good-hearted people who pursue a common goal: The protection of our planet and diversity.
READY TO CHANGE THE WORLD.. and your life?
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST:
- You are not 100% sure if the Action Leader Training is something for you? Come to our non-binding get-to-know-you evening! We will answer all your questions and you will have the opportunity to meet other Generation Earth members. All details see below.
- Are you ready to apply? Great! Please use the form down below. We are looking forward to your application. The Kick-Off meeting from 22.-26.9.2021 is mandatory for all participants.
- As a participant you and a team of peers will plan and organise a project and design one of the training weekends.
- Some of the training dates also fall on school days; however, as this can be considered “continuing education”, you can apply for school exemption. We will gladly provide you with the necessary letter.
- The reduced €250 participant fee is possible if you apply by 31.7.2021 (EARLY BIRD PRICE). After 31.7.2021 the participant fee will be increased to €300. The final application deadline is 20.8.2021. The fee covers accommodation, board and activities of the training program and can be paid in full or in 2 payments (at the beginning and middle). We want to be sure that money does not stand in your way of participating in the training. Please note: The participation fee should not stand in your way of participating in the training. If for any reason, covering the fee is a challenge for you, please contact Nathan Spees. We’ll find a solution that works for you. If the training cannot take place for certain reasons, the full participation fee will be refunded.
For me it was a special experience to become active and plan a training in a “protected” and accompanied setting. No matter what questions I had, time was taken for it. I am sure that the ALT has given me many new and helpful tools for my further life and creative path and has strengthened my self-confidence. Therefore, I recommend the ALT to everyone who wants to test and expand their abilities and limits.Anna (Anoush)
You have to experience the Action Leader Training yourself to understand it. It is worth it, because this experience is truly valuable! People can create great things together, and deal so warm-heartedly WITH each other and the planet, I feel at Generation Earth. Looking forward to spending time with more LOVING PEOPLE.Kira
“ALT” – stands for: All laughing together, all loving together, all living together – or also: Action Leader Training. Because – as I was able to experience myself – the ALT is definitely more than just a training course. Already on the first day it became clear to me that the following months would not only enrich me with environmental and project management related inputs and content-related further education, but that the training goes beyond that: On the one hand I was given a new community with like-minded people and on the other hand also personal development on a deeper level. Since I also found the connection with alumni very valuable, I hope to be just as supportive as a buddy to open up the space together and make room for ALL. I look forward to the time together!Nadja
The ALT was one of those experiences for me after which nothing is the same as it was before. I have always had a very strong sense of justice, but no people around me with similar thoughts. The ALT gave me a community with whom I could finally make plans and, most importantly, the tools to implement them. Today, Generation Earth is my primary growth space, where I return again and again to recharge and take energy and motivation for my other activist projects. The guidance I received during my training year has changed my path in a lasting way – and I want to pass this gift on to the next group.Anna
The lateral entry into ALT was one of the best spontaneous actions I could ever take. Growing up in an often seemingly boundlessly unjust and wrong-headed world can often drag us young people down and make us listless. The ALT and the Generation Earth community have built me up, given me hope and encouraged me to do things I never thought I would be able to do. It’s important to me to be able to give back and support our ever-growing network of empowered activists in the best way possible.Julia
COVID-19 & Action Leader Training?
How will the pandemic affect the Action Leader Training? Of course we don’t know exactly, but you can be sure that the Action Leader Training will take place. The last 2 years, we have offered a “blended learning” experience with a mix of online and offline program. It’s different, but we’ve found that it still creates a powerful, life-changing and enriching experience for all.
We have formulated the following possible scenarios to be well prepared:
- Scenario A: No restrictions – the training can take place as usual!
- Scenario B: The group size will be reduced (e.g. to a maximum of 10 people), no overnight stays are possible, hygiene and safety measures must be adhered to
- Scenario C: Online: the training must be held virtually. If this is the case, the participation fee will be reduced accordingly.
- Scenario D: a mixture of the above options!
We hope that Scenario A will be possible, but “D,” a mix of the above scenarios has also proven effective. Of course we will adhere to the health and safety guidelines of the Austrian Federal Government. If you register, you will be informed in time and in detail about the next steps.
I would like to apply for the Action Leader Training: Apply by using the form down below.
Deadline EARLY BIRD PRICE: 31.7.2021
Final Deadline: 20.8.2021
I would like to participate at the Generation Earth Infoevent. All details here.
WIN WIN WIN!
Ready for an adventure? Then apply for the Action Leader Training and win our “1 Day Holiday”! All participants + recruiters will be entered into a draw for a one-day trip wherever you want to go (within Austria) including delicious food, drinks and snacks. Please find our participation conditions down below.
RULES FOR THE CONTEST:
To be eligible to participate in the “1 Day Holiday” contest, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your application has been received by the deadline
- You’ve entered a “recommending person” in your application form
- You must be accepted to take part in the Action Leader Training 2021/2022
- Your “recommending person” can be either a GE member or another ALT applicant
Details about the contest:
- The “raffle” (drawing of the lottery) will take place after the application process is completed
- A picnic basket with snacks, drinks etc. worth 100€ will be raffled among all participants. In addition, the winners will be reimbursed for their travel expenses (public transportation) up to a maximum of 150€ (75€ per person). No payout of the prize in cash is possible.
- The winners are obliged to send at least 3 photos of their prize to firstname.lastname@example.org within two days after redeeming their prize.
- The prize must be redeemed by 30.6.2022.
- The winner(s) will be drawn by lottery and contacted by email / no legal recourse / no cash redemption possible / multiple participation for applicants of the Action Leader Training not possible/the recommending person can enter the content multiple times by recommending different people
We proudly present our partners for this year’s Action Leader Training.