20 young people, 10 days, 1 river – Let’s save the Ötztaler Ache while we still can!!!
- Hike: over hill and dale, along rock and river of the Ötztaler Ache.
- Discover: at the end of the day maybe one or the other blister on your feet.
- Learn: to deal critically with water power and water protection
- Gather: self-experience in a group of 20 young adults
- Share: Nature experiences, discussions, eating and sleeping with others
- Grow: in your political, social and community perspectives and in your awareness of nature and the environment.
Sound like this is for YOU?
Then apply now for this year’s Riverwalk 2022.
Here you can find the application form: http://river-walk.eu/
Application deadline is 05. June 2022
When? July 16 – 26, 2022
Where? Along the Ötztaler Ache (in Tyrol)
What? Together with you, in a group of 20 young people, we want to hike along the course of the Ötztaler Ache and discover its surrounding nature with its numerous treasures.
Why the Ötztaler Ache? The Ötztaler Ache is a true natural spectacle: it winds rustling through the biodiverse Ötztal and carries the water of ecologically valuable glacial rivers with it. However, this flow could soon cease and fall victim to the construction of the Kaunertal power plant. This would cause massive damage to the local ecosystem: 80% of the Venter and Gurgler Ache rivers would be diverted, and large parts of the Platzertal valley would be destroyed by the planned reservoir.
What do we want to achieve? Especially now, in times of climate crisis, we are more than ever dependent on living rivers! Together with you, we want to walk against the construction of the power plant and critically examine the topic of hydro-power. Discussions with experts from various fields will broaden our perspectives on a political, social and ecological level and strengthen our relationship/awareness to the ecosystem of nature.
Join forces with others for the preservation of the Ötztaler Ache and apply now!
We are looking forward to your application!