WWF AWARD: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Each year, WWF International awards an outstanding youth from a defined geographic region with the President’s Youth Award. This year, the region will be Central and Eastern Europe (including Austria)!
Nominees are reviewed and the winner(s) are selected by an international team of WWF staff. The top nominees are invited to attend the next Global WWF leaders conference (where the top decision-makers meet) which will take place in Austria in May 2020!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
A globally recognized award. The highest WWF youth award given annually to outstanding young changemakers. The award acknowledges and encourages outstanding achievements of young people under the age of 30 who are making significant contributions to nature conservation and environmental protection. Award winners are highlighted on WWFs international website and invited to meet WWF leaders from around the globe.
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD!
Previous award winners have used this opportunity to take their work to the next level and get in contact with decision makers and world leaders.
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!
Do you know an inspiring Austrian youth who is making a major contribution for protecting our planet: nature, climate, biodiversity? Or are you a possible award winner yourself? Then you still have until 10.02. 2020 to take advantage of this unique opportunity! Nominations are invited annually via WWF offices around the world.
PARTICIPATING IS VERY EASY:
- Download the form here: Nomination form
- Complete the nomination form
- Make sure that you have read the conditions of participation (see below) and that you are eligible to participate
- Send the completed form to email@example.com by 10.2.2020
- The selection process will then begin. We will then inform you about further steps.
Nominations for the WWF International President’s Youth Awards should be based on the following factors:
- significant contribution or innovative approach to conservation and/or environmental work
- Biodiversity conservation and/or environmental protection achievements that improve the lives of local communities
- Nominees must be under 30 years of age and of Austrian Citizenship
This year the top nominees will also be invited to join a Global Youth Summit that will take place in the week of May 11th in Burgenland.
© Nina Gualinga
My inspiration comes from the earth itself, all the beauty of life expressed in so many ways. My motivation comes from the people around me who are fighting every day to protect their families and their home, the Amazonian rainforest. I am very thankful to receive this prize because to me this prize not only honours my work, but it honours the work of everyone that fights by my side for the well-being of our planet and our people.Nina Gualinga